|Don't Have a Cow|
|Air date||October 17, 2003|
|Written by||Michael Carrington|
|Directed by||Richard Correll|
|Previous Episode||Out of Control|
|Next Episode||Run Raven Run|
Don't Have a Cow was the second episode of the second season. It originally aired on Disney Channel on October 17, 2003.
Alana is hosting her annual Halloween party and invited every student but Raven and Chelsea. After finding Viv's spell book, the two cast a wishing spell to be invited and win the costume contest. While the spell works, they begin turning into cows due to a mistake in the process, forcing them to find a way to reverse the magic at the party before they end up on all fours. Meanwhile, Cory thinks he's too old to go trick-or-treating with Victor.
- Raven-Symone as Raven Baxter
- Orlando Brown as Eddie Thomas
- Kyle Massey as Cory Baxter
- Anneliese van der Pol as Chelsea Daniels
- T'Keyah Crystal Keymáh as Tanya Baxter
- Rondell Sheridan as Victor Baxter
- Adrienne Bailon as Alana
- Andrea Edwards as Loca
- Ashley Eckstein as Muffy
- Frankie Ryan Manriquez as William
- When Chelsea pulls the spell book out of the trunk, she looks at the cover and says it's called "A Book of Potions, Spells, and Incantations." However, there are no words on the cover.
- Raven and Chelsea moo whenever they say a word that rhymes with the sound, but Raven said "no" and Chelsea said "good" while mooing. Neither word rhymes with "moo."
- Chelsea is soaked after drinking from the punch bowl with her face. In the following shot, she is dry.
- When Cory is talking to his dad about not trick or treating with him, his barbel keeps appearing and disappearing between shots.
- Eddie stands next to Raven and Chelsea before the costume contest results, but afterwards is nowhere to be seen (likely to give the cows on set more room).
- There are several plot holes in the episode:
- Since the wishing spell had no stated limit, it's possible that Raven and Chelsea could have wished to stop the transformation.
- The spell inexplicably affects Raven and Chelsea's wardrobe. They gain holes on the back of their bathrobes when they grow tails and are suddenly naked and haltered when they completely transform.
- The students believe that Raven and Chelsea wore costumes and were not actual cows. They didn't notice how drastically different the two looked after they fully transform despite seeing them prior.
- Raven supposedly saw the entire day-long vision despite them usually taking only a few seconds.
- When Alana calls Raven and invites her to the party, she and Muffy are sitting on the storage bench in the Baxters' living room.
- Raven and Chelsea become hornless cows with white and black fur. But the cow on Chelsea's pin that triggered their transformations had brown fur and horns.
- Despite being referred to as cows, Raven and Chelsea technically become heifers since neither of them has given birth to a calf.
- At the end of the vision, real Holstein cattle were used to portray the fully transformed Raven and Chelsea. A number of techniques were used for the animals on set.
- Additional white flooring was added for them to stand on and they were kept in place with leashes.
- They wore wigs resembling Raven's and Chelsea's hairstyles to distinguish them.
- Their lower lips were computer generated to make it appear they can talk.
- Since the main plot was in a vision that Raven immediately prevents, it is one of the most uneventful episodes in the series. It is unknown what would have happened to Raven and Chelsea after they turned into cows.
- Raven and Chelsea moo a total of 12 times in the episode.
- Chelsea's actress, Anneliese van der Pol, confirmed that this was one of her favorite episodes in the series because she enjoyed working with the cow makeup.
- Chelsea (while reading her poem): Cow, cow, where art thou? You're in my stomach now. Cow, cow, tell me how, I accidentally made you chow?
- Cory (when he wants to go trick-or-treating by himself): Dad, I think it's time we had the talk.
- Victor: Tanya!!
- Cory: Not that talk!
- Chelsea (about her burger): Oh my God, it's meat! I just ate meat!
- Raven: Ew, ew, ewwwwwww. I almost ate something healthy!
- Cory (to William): This has been the worst Halloween ever! Your costume set off every car alarm and home security system in the neighborhood!
- William: I wanted to rewire, but no, you couldn't wait to get your precious candy.
- Raven (to Chelsea): We wished we were cows? Why couldn't you have been wearing a Halle Berry button?